March 17, 2010

Let the Savings Begin!

Last month I made my final student loan payment! I am only one month into my new savings plan (as opposed to the former debt repayment plan) but I wanted to report briefly on my progress. First there is the mental freedom which has been profound. Instead of being restricted in my choices by the debt ball & chain, I can think freely about the future. I am in the process of evaluating my work and income and am opening myself to possible changes. Additionally, with the money going into a savings account I can already see how quickly it will add up over the coming months. It gives me encouragement to save as I watch the money grow and can dream about choices in future spending as well.

Choice. How to earn, how to save and how to spend.....financial freedom gives choice. Don't underestimate this power.

No comments: